Lab & Analytical Services
Pre-treatment chemical customers benefit from Henkel's Analytical Solutions Group comprised of 12 combined analytical and accelerated laboratories. Delivery of timely and accurate sample analyses and reports are key advantages of Henkel’s Analytical Solutions Group.
Henkel’s 20 analytical and accelerated employees bring an average of more than 16 years of industrial experience to the lab. Several of the team members hold a graduate degree (PhD/Masters) with majority having one or more bachelor degree (BS) in a chemical/scientific field. This dedicated team performs a variety of analyses, from validating customer process baths and parts to determining root cause analysis for customer issues. Utilizing Henkel’s Analytical Solutions lab information management system, the analytical services team maintains an efficient flow of information to the customer, including tracking results by product, customer and line number.
Henkel’s comprehensive analytical services include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-treatment coating characterization (SEM, XRD, XRF, etc.)
- Customer process bath analysis (ICP, IC, HPLC, UV-Vis etc.)
- Customer problem solving analysis (Fe-SEM, FTIR, GC-MS, LC-MS, NMR, etc.)
- Customer part corrosion environmental analysis and material testing (ASTM, GMW, SAE, Mil, etc.)
The breadth and scope of Henkel’s analytical equipment is unmatched by any other automotive pre-treatment supplier, offering a variety of test types to customers. This equipment includes, but is not limited to:
- Scanning electron microscopes (SEM/Fe-SEM) with EDX analyzers
- Stereomicroscopes and a metallograph with multiple imaging modes
- X-ray diffractometer (XRD) for p-ratios and crystalline material identification
- X-ray fluorescence analyzers (XRF) -Field and Research based
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy units with microscope
- Ultra-violet/visible spectrometer for component Analysis
- Gas chromatographs (GC) for solvent and volatile organic quantification
- High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) units for organic compound quantitation
- Ion chromatograph (IC) units for anion Analysis
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) for organic compound Analysis
- Gel permeation chromatography (GPC) for molecular weight identification
- Liquid chromatograph-mass spectrometers (LC-MS) for broad range of organic compounds
- NC-40 dynamic and static salt spray chambers for ASTM & OEM testing protocols
- ASFC & CASS chambers for adhesion and conversion coating Analysis
For more information on full scope please contact the Analytical Solutions Group.