> Henkel Adhesives North America > Industrial > Sealants > Thread Sealant > How to Apply Thread Sealing
How to Apply Thread Sealants
|Browse Products||Buy Now||Contact Us|
|About Thread Sealants||Features & Benefits||Bonding vs Fastening|
Liquid Thread Sealants
- It is recommended to use an appropriate LOCTITE cleaner to degrease and clean surfaces prior to applying the adhesive.
- If cure speed is too slow due to passive metals or low temperature (below 5°C), use an activator such as LOCTITE 7649 MIL-SPEC Primer.
- Apply a 360° bead to the leading male thread, leaving the first thread free.
- For bigger threads, apply both on male and female thread.
- Recommended dispensing equipment: Peristaltic Dispensers
Assemble fittings using wrench tightening in accordance to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Disassemble with standard hand tools. If not possible, apply localized heat to approximately 250°C, disassemble while hot.
Thread Sealing Cord
- Clean threads if necessary and roughen smooth threads.
- Wind the cord onto the pipe thread in the same direction as the thread, starting from the end of the pipe.
- For recommended number of wraps see label, apply in a crisscross manner.
- Cut off the cord with the integrated cutting tool.
- Assemble using accepted trade practices.
- Adjustment of 45° is possible after tightening