> Henkel Adhesives North America > Industrial > Adhesive Industrial > Retaining Compound > How to apply and disassemble
How to Apply Retaining Adhesives
|Browse Products||Locate a Distributor||Contact Us|
|About Retaining||FAQs||Bonding vs Fastening|
- Use an appropriate LOCTITE cleaner for easier removal of residues in case of old retaining adhesive.
- It is recommended to use an appropriate LOCTITE cleaner to degrease and clean surfaces prior to applying the adhesive.
For Slip Fitted Assemblies
- Apply adhesive around the leading edge of the pin and the inside of the collar and use a rotating motion during assembly to ensure good coverage.
For Press Fitted Assemblies
- Apply adhesive thoroughly to both bond surfaces and assemble at high press on rates.
For Shrink Fitted Assemblies
- The adhesive should be coated onto the part to produce a smooth, even film of material. If heating the hub for assembly, coat the pin. If the pin is to be cooled for assembly, coat the hub. If both heating and cooling is to be done, apply material to cooled part. Avoid condensation on cooled parts
For all assemblies: Parts should not be disturbed until sufficient handling strength is achieved
- In many cases, removal with industry standard bearing disassembly tools and techniques, including bearing pullers and hydraulic presses
- If disassembly tools are not available, apply localized heat to approximately 250°C, disassemble while hot.
- For corroded or seized parts, use LOCTITE Freeze and Release.