> Henkel Adhesives North America > Industrial > Adhesive Industrial > Retaining Compound > Cost and Performance Benefits
|Browse Products||Locate a Distributor||Contact Us|
Cost & Performance Benefits of Retaining Compounds
- Reduce or eliminate expensive machining operations.
- Eliminate some surface finishing requirements.
- Prolong equipment life through better fatigue and corrosion resistance.
- Fill gaps so machining tolerances can be widened.
- Help lower overall assembly and maintenance costs.
- Simplify assemblies by reducing use of circlips, keys, dowels or threads.
- Can eliminate the need for mechanical retainers.
- Minimize machine downtime ensuring an earlier return to service.
- Increase assembly reliability.
- Produce more accurate, rigid assemblies.
- Eliminate backlash in keys and splines.
- Prevent small diameter shaft distortion.
- Increase strength of heavy press fits.
- Eliminate fretting corrosion.
- Seal against environmental corrosion.
- Eliminate high assembly stresses.
- Reduce variations in load transmission.
- Allow dissimilar materials to be assembled more easily.